The Bell Dimension Deux Comic Book is out!

The picture in the previous post was my first attempt at turning my iClone movie into a comic book. Although I was happy with the color print, I was extremely disappointed with the grayscale version as there were too many dark images that made the publication useless.

However, I had used different looking characters, this being the 3rd, 4th, . . . I don’t remember anymore, but they’re the new Human Anatomy characters and I’ve very happy with the better realistic look. The AccuLips is a tremendous help too!

So I started looking for an easy to use Comic Book maker and I found ComicLife 3 and what a blessing I must say. Not only was I able to knock it out in a day for Part I, and then about half a day for Part II.

My first comic color print used a complete animated composite of all the scenes, each being rendered individually at 1 fps per second rather than using the default 30 fps. This kept the frame count down. If I had left the default 30fps, it would result in way too many images and it would become a nightmare to handle.

My second comic color images came directly from ShotCut after I had each part of the movie ready to go. I exported those images from the TimeLine at 1fps. This required that I create a 1fps Project file, choosing BMP as the output format.

This approach worked much better and I now have an ePub online for sale at two retailers: PayHip and Lulu Bookstore. I’ve baled on a print edition until I get enough sales.

This primary tools used with Reallusion’s iClone 7 and Character Creator 3. Two fabulous pieces of software that can’t be matched.

1407 . . . ds