The new comic is called “The Bell Dimension Deux” and should be available to buy or download shortly. It’s about 77 pages and it will cost $9.99 for a paperback/download. Stay tune . . .
All of the images used in this book were created in Reallusion’s iClone 6 & 7. This originally started out as a way of visually telling a story with images rather than just animation. I used free Manga templates to layout each page using only 8 different looks, some of which I modified.
As I worked along using my first book, The Bell Dimension, Part I, as a very rough guide for Part II, I soon discovered a logical layout for each page without worrying about special effects I might apply in Krita. I did go that route in the 2nd iteration spending way too much time creating PSDs and then KRITA files where I applied a “graphic novel” effect to the page. That slowed me to a crawl and I soon abandoned that practice.
Once I concentrated on producing good images, I had to tell the story with not just images, but narration text from one of my reviewers suggested. It then took me about a month to create all of the still images for the storyboard turned comic book without bothering to use Krita.
Total file size is 21.6Gb and the PDF of the book is around 61Mb.
I just finished Chapter 1 when I thought I’d be done with the whole book by now, but I was wrong.
I had my third review, which was excellent, mentioned that I needed a bit more narration and character text. I admit I was trying to be super efficient by not adding too much text and only what was needed.
So here is another example of a page in the comic book:
I’ve had to change course, for a bit, as I work to finish the storyboard I’m turning into a comic / reference book. This will help keep my focus on doing scenes that only need to be done. I’ve probably created too many scenes, but the structure I’m using will allow me to add or subtract those scenes that just don’t work.
I have finally achieved what I was trying to do with Unreal Engine 4. It took a little while to get use to how this game engine works. Through many trials and errors, I have finally rendered out a low end scene of Minister Bes standing near the outside thrown chair. The shadows, trees, and burning fire looks fab!
Although not perfect, this begins the story and illustrates what you can do with 2D rendered IRay backgrounds (1000/3600).
I love the LIVE FACE, but it was only applied to the Kerr character and not the slave.
Once I have create a new PREVIEW, I will re-render in IRay and hopefully that will run more efficiently using 2D backgrounds only. Of course, this has required me to re-work scenes in order to accommodate the change over.