Although not perfect, this begins the story and illustrates what you can do with 2D rendered IRay backgrounds (1000/3600).
I love the LIVE FACE, but it was only applied to the Kerr character and not the slave.
Once I have create a new PREVIEW, I will re-render in IRay and hopefully that will run more efficiently using 2D backgrounds only. Of course, this has required me to re-work scenes in order to accommodate the change over.
The pain of trying to sell online with no money is quite a pain, but doable!
I had just finished creating my store only to see Squareup/Weebly do an upgrade which moved my web site to another location. On top of that, my electronic download products of a Cartoon Animator 4 character got zapped and changed into an image only. What?
So I am bailing on Squareup since they got rid of this feature, which in this day, should be an option. I didn’t even get an email about the change, so they suck in this regard.
I did find another site, called PayHip which easily integrates with PayPal, and low and behold I was able to create the electronic download and upload the PDF. It’s now available for just $1.99! Of course, a minor drawback is the 5% charge for their services. I didn’t even have to set up tax, unlike Squareup, so that has made my life easier already.
The story is “Desperately CRAZY for You!” by Ivana C. Moore, a software writer like myself.
So I broke down and bought the Head Shot plugin for iClone 7 as it is on sale for half price. Of course, I should have realized there will be “additional” costs for the capability to customize the skin’s appearance, but I did not think they would throw in the basic skin setup so you are not left hanging, just wanting more.
I have also finished learning how to use Plotto for my next rewrite and I’m amazed at how through my storyline has become even though I thought I was wasting my time. It’s about 19 pages long and gives me enough information to write with character’s I’m starting to “like”. I also created a psychological guidance of the spectator that helps with each character’s schadenfreude stance and their basic attitude. It also includes conflicting agendas of the character replete with misinformation to stir things up a bit.
While editing PopVideos in Cartoon Animator 4, I padded the output to compensate for the fact that the “editing” capabilities in that program are lacking as you can not see the “popV’s” in the timeline. I did this as I had 2 popV in the scene and I needed one to start later than the other. It would be nice if they also added sound controls as there are none to speak of.
I’ve posted 4 PREVIEWS on Vimeo that show the progress made in creating “The Bell Dimension”.
Of course, creating these “mini” movies started several years ago as I was learning how to use iClone 2 and let me tell you I do not know how many times I crashed my PC and the only saving grace was the little “Crash” file iClone would save for you.
A lot of the 3D models I used for creating these Previews came from the 3D Warehouse with tons of SketchUp files that I would convert using 3DXChange which did not always work out as planned. I’m not a 3D modeler and if the model did not work or I could not figure out a way to use it without it looking like a piece of junk, I dumped it.
As a creative artist, the feedback I have received from friends and others has been absolutely positive. Yes, it may not look “perfect” in the MAYA sense, but it is coming together nicely now that I’m turning my attention to using chroma key in order to get real actors inside my movie.
I have avoided buying the HeadShot plugin as the amount of work to create a “realistic” human is there, but the long hours of “modeling” that creature could be better spent laying out the movie to see what does and does not work.
I decided to dabble in using live-action video, i.e, me, in combination with iClone 7 and PopVideo.
I had bought a green screen kit from B&H long ago and I tried it on a studio shoot, but the lighting was too dim to get a clean chroma key. I tried this in Resolve and it was a mess and it was just too hard to cut the actress out of the background.
Moving on, and about 8 months later, I decided to buy PopVideo since it was on sale for $50. I was shocked when I loaded in the green screen shot from the studio. Not only did the software drop out the green screen better than Resolve, but there were two different green screens used. One was the back wall and the other is the green cloth I use today.
Here’s an IRay pic rendered at 100/180 as I work at reducing the scene load to speed up renders. This scene is a paltry 97Mb and consists of 2 planes, i.e., sky and temple with 5 royal tents that are 3D with physics applied. It also includes the desert sand floor.
I finally produced a decent PREVIEW that will be submitted to the animation festivals once a few quirks are worked out. Theses are mostly motion issues with the characters as they are either “canned” or BVH motion files with some manual edits included. Some not so pretty. :o)
iClone is a quirky program to say the least, but perseverance is key, as well as a lot of patience. The final edit was done using ShotCut video editor, done in 4 parts and then music was added.